Choices

4

Written on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 by KayChink

In life, every path leads somewhere and we are all on a path of some kind. So, the important question here is this – do you know where your path is leading you?

33931_439616021219_597131219_5807843_5421207_n

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

In many ways life is like any other journey and the path we choose is important. If you are going to take subway/LRT/Metro from your place to city center, there are many number of ways to get there. You get to choose the path that’s right for you.

 48071_431277576219_597131219_5628128_6119111_n

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

Maybe you’ll choose the less busy route or maybe a scenic route because you want to relax and enjoy the trip. In this case it’s okay if it takes longer, getting there fast is not your main concern. But what if you are on a tighter schedule? Then you might decide to take the most direct route. It’s not as pretty as the scenic route, but it will get you there a lot faster.

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I, myself has considered to take different paths in life but do I have  a map to guide myself on its journey? My parents played a major role in the decision I’ve made and they never stop giving me moral support in whichever field  I choose.  I remember being so excited about becoming a fire-fighter just because I like to play with water. Then they framed some news articles about it and put it in my room. Later I decided to become an astronaut because I like to fly in a rocket and see the stars. Then they bought me reference books about the stars and planets.

46759_429266731219_597131219_5587573_2437335_n

One day when I was walking home, a man in a car stopped and offered me a ride. Well, he looked familiar and I didn’t hesitated to agree. Turned out he was one of the executives of MAS and while in the car he said that he would want me to join MAS as a steward and obviously I turned down the offer. But again, what if? Maybe I’d turned out to be a singer or actor like Anuar Zain. hehehe

Finally, here I am in a medical school devoting myself to save lives.

Each path will provide its own unique variety of experiences while still leading to the same destination. Some will be more enjoyable than others. So, the quality of the journey entitled to just as much consideration as the destination.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

If you run into roadblocks find a way around or over them and keep moving. If your path doesn’t seem to be leading where you want to go then choose a different path. Life is a journey and there is absolutely no reason to spend it going around in circles.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

4 Comments

  1. shogunn_general |

    try tengok Code Blue season 2...mesti semangat medic ko makin membara nanti.. :)

     
  2. KayChink |

    J-Drama ke?

     
  3. [ITS ME] |

    bravo!!!!

     
  4. KayChink |

    syok eh blog updated? ;)

     

Post a Comment